Broward County Paratransit Consumer Blog

Broward County, Florida (USA) Paratransit consumer-run discussion about transportation services.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

October 17, 2006

Hello Creative Thinkers,
If there are any souls interested in change, we need to work together.  I thought that today I would be doing just that.
The computer said that 10:08 AM would be my pick up time to get me to the County Commissioners meeting today at 11 AM.  I was supposed to speak in behalf of making transportation much better in Broward County.
My ride arrived close to 11 AM, which was the time I was supposed to be downtown.  Consequently I was not able to use the ride nor get there to speak in favor of the 1% sales tax that would give 26 million dollars annually back to all the

Broward County cities.
Paratransit, buses, new train routes, roads,  would all benefit.
Presently it appears as though that the Commissioners have lined up in favor of putting this on a ballot in November.  What is equally important is for the citizenry to vote for it;  and also to endorse a plan that will maximize the useage of the revenue generated from the tax increase.
Sanford Rosenthal
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home