Broward County Paratransit Consumer Blog

Broward County, Florida (USA) Paratransit consumer-run discussion about transportation services.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

BLOG

Subject: advocating

 

I went to a County wide meeting about 2 weeks ago.  This was involving one of the County wide meetings that are held monthly for the Para Transit Service.

For instance it is for the van service I use when commuting to Kids In Distress.  The reason I went was because of infractions regarding the service.

Just last week the driver refused to change the radio station.  He wanted to listen to Creole.  I didn't want that.

Thanks to the advocating I have been doing it is possible for me to follow up with the company and get the drivers to see the light.  There are rules already

about such things as well as other problems with the drivers.

However my HMO also contracted with one of these companies for transport to Doctor offices.

Unfortunately when I went to the meeting there was a feeling by the company I was using that they didn't have to listen to these rules.

My HMO uses Handivan.  The Supervisor of Handivan told me that the service for the Doctor offices is a private contract.

In fact the Handivan tried to follow up by kicking me out of their service.  My HMO however, took another route.  Instead of kicking me out;  it was Handivan

who was kicked out.

Another transport service is being used now by my HMO.  In fact my Doctor thanked me.  He said he was trying to get rid of Handivan because they are disrespectful

to his patients.

Ford

 

--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home