Broward County Paratransit Consumer Blog

Broward County, Florida (USA) Paratransit consumer-run discussion about transportation services.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

BLOG

 

Disability Posting

----- Original Message -----

From:

Sanford

To:

AAA Car J Suskey

Cc:

Para Transit Ed WISNIEWSKI

Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 9:06 PM

Subject: Decency

 

Hello Jerry and Ed,

It isn't fair when I call up and I am told that "I don't like you and your attitude.  I think you're rude."

All I did was to ask her who who she was.  I wouldn't have even asked her except that she wasn't identifying the company or talking.  I heard silence.

She really had an attitude whenever I tried talking.  It reminded me more as though I was calling her at home after she just awoke from slumber.  This

is just not proper for a Night Dispatcher.  I realize she holds the power in getting a ride home now and in the future by virtue of her position.  But

this doesn't give her the right to be disrespectful and then project this very behavior on others.

Before she hung up I had to explain the nature of my call several times.  After some bantering in which she said she didn't have to identify herself;  she

relented and finally said she was Night Dispatcher Laurie Roberts;  and promptly hung up.

I can bet that she was upset or mad about something else.  She sure took it out on me.

I was truly surprised.  I tried explaining to her that there would not be any argument if she just told me her name.

I just don't like people representing a company who have no empathy.  I wasn't looking for trouble.  I only wanted to call back because I was canceling

my ride.

Orifginally I wanted a pick up to return home from City Hall at 8:30 PM.

I was informed that the computer didn't like that time.  So I had to take a 9:03 PM ride home from the Community Services Advisory Board meeting.

However as I suspected, the meeting was over before 9 PM.  It was over more like 8 PM.

I  did call at about 8 PM to find out that no one could pick me up earlier.  Then another member of the Board offered to transport me home.  About 8:30

PM I called when I reached my apartment.  All of a sudden I heard this woman ranting on the phone.  She even hung up on me when I tried telling her that

there was no reason for her to be so patronizing and acting like a parental figure.  But I didn't get a chance to tell her this.

I believe the only recourse is to start advertising around the County for riders to e mail complaints to a Web site.

I think that if these employees of AAA know that there are repercussions for their rude behavior, they may still reform.

There is no call for this type of behavior.  I wasn't mad or rude when I called.  What was wrong with this lady?

Thank you,

Sanford

 

--

Seth Eisenberg

(954) 252-9090

 

The Fatherhood Channel

http://fatherhoodchannel.com

 

Technology Solutions that Connect & Inspire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home