Broward County Paratransit Consumer Blog

Broward County, Florida (USA) Paratransit consumer-run discussion about transportation services.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Regret weekend March 3, 2007

Hello Improvement Partners,
I regret that I have observed ways in which improvements could be made but haven't thus far over this past weekend March 3 and 4, 2007.  Saturday afternoon the driver finally shut the AM radio that had been tuned to a foreign national talk show.  The conversation that ensued had to do with his view about freedom and discrimination because I agreed that if he had the radio dial on English, I wouldn't have complained.
I kept explaining that freedom meant that he could listen at home.  I didn't understand the foreign language, nor did I want to learn on this particular day.
I sure wish he would have spoken to his employer rather than me.  Also I wish he would have listened to me before I had to reach for my Cell phone.  This action helped him decide to shut the radio, but not to stop badgering me about his views.
Then on Sunday night the dispatcher Laurie went through her usual rude routine.  I called on my mom to continue trying to reach Laurie.  When mom finally did, Laurie's response was a huh, and an uh.  I believe Laurie could profit from some professional courtesy lessons.  Laurie's response was also regrettable because my mom was only inquiring when the late arrival would finally get me.
Unfortunately after waiting over twenty minutes to speak with this dispatcher, they were summarily disconnected after my mom asked about when the ride would come.    I understand from anecdotal evidence that this happens frequently with Laurie.  She is often observed hanging up after the caller waits indeterminably long periods of time.  Drivers also have an unflattering portrait of Laurie to reveal as well.  The upshot is that both passengers and drivers get additional tension when dealing with her.
These actions add up to additional handicapping of individuals and services that are counter productive.
Thank you,
Sanford

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home